- 4-6 pieces of white fish (sole,tilapia)
- 1 can beer
- 2 cups flour
- 8" tortilla shells
- Chipotle Mayo
- Oil for frying
My boyfriend and I recently when on vacation to Los Cabos, and on our resort they served pool side fish tacos. They were honestly the best thing I ate in Mexico and when we got home I absolutely had to try to make them myself – and they turned out amazing. I’ve made them twice already since we’ve been back – usually on a Saturday night served with beer and/or tequila shots (for my boyfriend, I stay far away from that horrible stuff.) I hope you enjoy this beer battered fish taco recipe, it’s super easy and SO delicious!
I used sole for my beer battered fish tacos because it was the cheapest white fish in the grocery store, and I topped my fish tacos with TONS of fresh cilantro and pre-made chipotle mayo. Side note: do you love or hate cilantro? I absolutely LOVE it but my Mom hates it, and I recently learned it has to do with our chemical makeup. There’s an actual scientific reason for hating cilantro. It’s pretty interesting!
Beer Battered Fish Tacos
4-6 pieces of white fish (sole,tilapia)
1 can beer
2 cups flour
8″ tortilla shells
Oil for frying
- Heat an inch of oil in a deep pan on high heat
- Mix beer with flour and pepper in a large bowl
- Bread fish filets with the beer batter and place gently in hot oil
- Fry on each side 5-6 minutes until golden brown
- Place on warmed flour tortilla
- Sprinkle cilantro, drizzle chipotle mayo and a squirt of lime juice
Thank you so much for checking out this recipe! Please don’t forget to SHARE with your friends and LIKE my facebook page by clicking HERE!