- 40 black olives
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1-2 carrots
The Christmas season is here and what could be better then eating baby penguins?! Wait, that’s not what I mean! Well, kind of. I’m not going to lie to you guys, I totally made these cream cheese “Christmas” penguins for my Mom’s baby shower in April. (Yes, I said my Mom’s baby shower. She just had twin baby boys, I’m the oldest big sister in history!) I figured the best time to post these cute little penguins was for the holidays, they will be most popular menu item at your Christmas get together, I guarantee it.
All you need for these cute cream cheese penguins is black olives, a carrot and cream cheese!
- Cut a slit lengthwise down a black olive.
- Carefully insert cream cheese into the penguin. (I used my finger, trust me it’s the only way you can do it without breaking your olive.)
- Cut rounds out of your carrot, slice out a tiny triangle to form the feet. (Save your baby triangles!)
- Take a second olive and make a tiny slit in the center, insert your baby triangle. This makes your penguins nose. (This was also the hardest part of the entire penguin-process. You will get frustrated. You will throw olives. You may cry. Don’t give up.)
- Stack your penguin, feet, body olive and head olive. Slide a toothpick through the penguin.
- Voila! Cream Cheese Christmas Penguins!
These little guys take time but they are so very worth it when you see the smiles on your guests faces. Serve them up with some crackers and you’re rocking…around the Christmas tree. Obviously.
Merry Christmas to all of my wonderful readers (all 5 of you.) I love you all. p.s What sound does a penguin make?
Looking for more snack ideas? Check out my delicious Kale Chip Nachos!