- 1 white onion
- 3 russet potatoes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Wow, I have never made Shepherd’s Pie before this – and let me tell you I thought it was going to be difficult as hell! There’s nothing to this easy shepherd’s pie recipe! This shepherd’s was so good we ate way more then we should have. My easy shepherd’s pie recipe is the PERFECT cozy Sunday night comfort food. I would love to hear from you guys if you try it. I know Shepherd’s Pie is traditionally made with lamb, but we can’t afford that because this is the CHEAP chef. So ground beef it is. Anyways, here the best easy shepherd’s pie recipe you are ever going to find. I promise.
Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
Ingredients for Easy Shepherd’s Pie
1 white onion
3 russet potatoes
2 lbs ground beef
2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1/2 cup butter
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup beef broth
3 tbsp whole milk
1/2 cup sour cream
Directions for Easy Shepherd’s Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a pan over medium heat, saute chopped white onions in 1 tbsp of butter. When onions are translucent, add in ground beef.
- In a separate pot bring potatoes to a boil
- Pour 1 cup of beef brother and 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce into the pan. Simmer until beef is nearly cooked.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking add in frozen peas and carrots
- Remove potatoes from heat and mash with milk, butter and sour cream. Follow my full mashed potato recipe here for best results.
- Layer meat and vegetable mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish, top with mashed potatoes
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees
- Serve and enjoy, topping with gravy optional!
I hope you all enjoy this easy shepherd’s pie recipe. Be sure to send me photos of your versions along with any modifications you make. You can connect with me on instagram @itskristinkat and make sure to like my Facebook Page to stay up to date with all of my newest recipes! If you’re in the mood to try something a little different, check out my last recipe. Thank you so much for reading!