- 1/2 lb skirt steak
- 6 slices provolone
- 1 onion
- 3 green peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
There is nothing better then a warm philly cheese steak sandwich full of mushrooms, onions and tons of provolone cheese. I was craving something savoury but wanted to avoid the carb overload of your typical philly cheese steak sandwich, so I stuffed peppers with the mixture instead! These philly cheese steak stuffed peppers are a great alternative to your average philly cheese steak sandwich if you’re trying to keep your meals healthy and low calorie!
I used pre-sliced provolone cheese slices for this recipe which made it really easy!
Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers
1/2 lb skirt steak
6 slices provolone
3 green peppers
1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Hollow out green peppers making as much space as possible
- In a pan over medium-high heat add chopped onion, sliced white mushrooms and thinly sliced skirt steak
- When steak is cooked, add in 3 slices of provolone cheese.
- Fill green peppers with philly cheese steak mixture
- Top stuffed peppers with one slice of provolone
- Bake for 45 minutes or until peppers are soft
Thank you so much for checking out my recipe for Philly Cheese Steak stuffed peppers! Please like my Facebook Page and share this recipe with your friends!