- 473 ml half & half cream
- 227g light herb & garlic cream cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- fresh fettuccine noodles
- 1 cup hand peeled shrimp
- 4 jumbo scallops
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp lemon
- Parmesan to top
I am super stoked to share with you guys our valentine’s day dinner! I made Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo after getting the idea from my Mom, she told me about how she used to make alfredo sauce with only cream cheese and butter. I kicked my seafood fettuccine alfredo up a bit by starting with a basic roux and I didn’t actually use any parmesan cheese anywhere in the recipe. So I guess it’s not technically “alfredo” sauce without the parmesan cheese – but you get the idea. I was going to call it “Poor-Man’s” Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo, but after buying the scallops and shrimp it was a pretty pricey dinner. However it was lot a cheaper than going out for Valentine’s day!
Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo
473 ml half & half cream
227g light herb & garlic cream cheese
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
fresh fettuccine noodles
1 cup hand peeled shrimp
4 jumbo scallops
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp lemon
Parmesan to top
- Over medium heat, mix flour and butter together. Slowly pour in container of half & half cream.
- Add in container of herb & garlic cream cheese, stir until blended.
- Boil fresh noodles (they should only take about 3-4 minutes to cook until tender)
- Add noodles to simmering sauce and reduce heat to low
- In a separate pan, add butter in garlic over medium high heat
- Cook shrimp in butter garlic until pink, add to pasta.
- In the same pan with remaining garlic and butter, sear scallops on each side for 3-4 minutes depending on the size of the scallops.
- Dish pasta. Top with scallops, parmesan cheese and lemon juice.