- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped assorted bell peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 cups brown rice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
This may be the cheapest, easiest recipe I’ve put on this blog in the history of this blog. Cheap and easy chicken stir fry. Is it healthy? Check. Is it cheap? Extremely. Is it easy? The easiest stir fry you will ever make. Not that stir fry is a difficult thing to cook.
I found that at my local veggie stand they sell bagged stir fry veggies for $2.50 – it’s just a ziploc bag full of chopped carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, and celery. This definitely saved a lot of money in the long run rather than purchasing each veggie separately, so I highly suggest checking out your local farmer’s market to see if they carry a similar selection of stir-fry veggies.
Ingredients for Cheap and Easy Chicken Stir Fry
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup chopped assorted bell peppers
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1 cup button mushrooms
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
4 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
Directions for making Cheap and Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Season chicken breasts with cayenne, salt and pepper on both sides. Add to pan
- Cook chicken all the way through, remove from pan and let sit
- Add all veggies to the same pan the chicken was just in, add a splash of water to the pan and cover with lid. Allow veggies to steam for about 10 minutes.
- Chop chicken breast into bite sized chunks, add to pan with veggies.
- Pour teriyaki sauce over stir fry, stir. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Serve over cooked brown rice or noodles
Thank you all for reading my blog and staying patient with my very irregular posting schedule! I hope you guys absolutely love this cheap and easy chicken stir fry, and if (when) you do please share this recipe with your friends! Please like me on Facebook and find me on Instagram @TheCheapChef
Check out my last recipe here –> Chicken with Pesto and Artichokes