- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in & skin-on
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
My boyfriend Warren was about to leave on a week long trip to Mexico with his family, and I wanted to make one last special dinner before he left. Mostly so he wouldn’t forget about me and how good of a cook I am while he’s gone – ha! So I found this creamy tuscan chicken recipe on Tasty and decided to give it a go. Side note: is anyone else addicted to the Tasty facebook page? It’s seriously my favourite thing on the internet. I love food! And I also love easy recipes 😉
6 chicken thighs, bone-in & skin-on
1 tablespoon oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
3 cups spinach
3 cups heavy cream or half and half
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup grated parmesan
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1. Season the chicken with the salt & pepper, making sure to mix it in evenly.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
3. Place the chicken thighs skin side down in the skillet and cook for about 13 minutes in order to crisp up the skin. Move the chicken around from time to time to ensure it cooks evenly. The skin should be hard to the touch.
4. Flip the chicken, then cook for about another 15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from pan.
5. Add the garlic and onion, stirring until onions are translucent. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach until the spinach is wilted.
6. Add the cream, salt, and pepper, bringing to a boil.
7. Add the parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring until the sauce has thickened slightly.
8. Place the chicken back in the pan, spooning the sauce on top of the chicken.
I served this creamy tuscan chicken recipe next to another recipe I adapted from Tasty, Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists, The whole meal was a hit, and needless to say Warren didn’t end up forgetting me while he was in Mexico… I’m sure this meal was the reason why – pfft.
Please don’t forget to like me on facebook and share this recipe with your friends! Thanks for reading!!